Great recipe. I added in some fresh mint, too.
Because of the sweetness of the watermelon this margarita doesn't need much sugar, so one glass has only 105 calories. A little bit of fresh lime juice brightens the drink and adds a welcome tanginess. For a special touch, rim your glasses with sugar and garnish with lime wedges and watermelon balls.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 105
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 14.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lime wedge
- 3 1/2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Lime wedges or watermelon balls (optional)
- 1. Place 2 teaspoons sugar in a saucer. Rub the rims of 6 glasses with 1 lime wedge; spin rim of each glass in sugar to coat. Set prepared glasses aside.
- 2. Combine watermelon and next 4 ingredients (through Triple Sec) in a blender; process until smooth. Fill each prepared glass with 1/2 cup crushed ice. Add 1/2 cup margarita to each glass. Garnish with lime wedges or melon balls, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note