Watermelon, Feta, and Grilled Shrimp Salad
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 4 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: about 6 shrimp, 1/4 of the watermelon mixture, and 1 cup arugula)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 193mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 728mg
- Calcium: 223mg
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (21–25 count)
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mint, divided
- 4 cups arugula
- 8 (4-inch) seedless watermelon wedges
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- 2. Toss shrimp with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Lightly spray grill or grill pan with olive oil spray, and cook shrimp about 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Transfer shrimp to a plate to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and more pepper to taste. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4. In a medium bowl, combine red onion and 2 tablespoons mint. Add dressing, and toss gently. To serve, place 1 cup arugula on each of 4 plates and top with 2 melon wedges and 1/4 of the onion-mint mixture; sprinkle with equal amounts of feta, top with about 6 shrimp, and garnish with some of the remaining fresh mint. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes