Watermelon and Fennel Salad with Honey-Lime Vinaigrette
Don’t tell—adding fruit to salads is how to convince kids to eat them. Cool and crisp, this is the perfect salad for summer. Tangy feta and the clean flavors of mint and lime balance the sweet watermelon. A delicious alternative to traditional lemon versions, the vinaigrette would be yummy with grilled shrimp or chicken, too.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 88
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 10.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 159mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 3 1/4 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Stir in shallots. Combine fennel and watermelon in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over watermelon mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with mint and cheese.
- Kids Can Help: Using a plastic or child-safe knife, kids can cube the watermelon. They can also make the vinaigrette.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note