WOW, this was a surprise how great it was! I didn't think my husband would like it at all, but he thought it was great!! This is something we will definitely make again. Served as a side to Grilled Chicken with Honey BBQ sauce from same issue, but not sure what else I could serve it with because it is so unique.
For a refreshing summer side, serve lemony Watermelon-Cucumber Salad to go along with your favorite grilled dish.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 12 Minutes
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 149mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1. Combine oil, juice, and salt in a large bowl, stirring well. Add watermelon, cucumber, and onion; toss well to coat. Sprinkle salad evenly with basil.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note