This was really good. What a nice summer salad to keep things light. You really want to add the jicama in here, gives it a terrific crunch.
Watermelon, Cucumber, and Jicama Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 99
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 304mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 piece seedless watermelon (about 2 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup diced (1/8 in.) jicama
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1 cucumber (about 1 lb.)
- 1. In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir coconut until lightly toasted, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour from pan.
- 2. Cut 4 equal slices, each 1/2 inch thick, from watermelon piece. Lay each slice on a plate. Cut off and discard rind from remaining watermelon; cut watermelon into 1/2-inch chunks.
- 3. Put watermelon chunks into bowl along with jicama, vinegar, and basil. Peel cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch chunks, and add to bowl. Mix and season to taste with salt.
- 4. Spoon salad mixture equally onto watermelon slices; sprinkle portions with toasted coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads