- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 piece seedless watermelon (about 2 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup diced (1/8 in.) jicama
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1 cucumber (about 1 lb.)
- calories 99
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- protein 2 g
- fat 2.2 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 20 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- sodium 304 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir coconut until lightly toasted, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour from pan.
Cut 4 equal slices, each 1/2 inch thick, from watermelon piece. Lay each slice on a plate. Cut off and discard rind from remaining watermelon; cut watermelon into 1/2-inch chunks.
Put watermelon chunks into bowl along with jicama, vinegar, and basil. Peel cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch chunks, and add to bowl. Mix and season to taste with salt.
Spoon salad mixture equally onto watermelon slices; sprinkle portions with toasted coconut.