Looks delicious, what is the glass rimmed with?
Seasonality is an important factor for this drink because ripe watermelon offers the sweetest flavor. Our panel suggested adding more ginger ale and blending it just a bit more to make it supremely slushy. Sub cantaloupe or honey dew for a fun flavor twist.
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 8 Hours
Stand: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 102
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 25.9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 7mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 8 cups (1/2-inch) watermelon cubes
- 1 1/2 cups ginger ale
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (6-oz.) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1. Place watermelon cubes in a single layer in an extra-large zip-top plastic freezer bag, and freeze 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- 2. Process half each of watermelon, ginger ale, water, and limeade concentrate in a blender until smooth; pour mixture into a pitcher. Repeat procedure with remaining half of ingredients; stir into pitcher, and serve immediately.
- Honeydew Cooler: Substitute 8 cups (1/2-inch) honeydew melon cubes for watermelon cubes and 1 (6-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate for limeade concentrate; proceed as directed.
- Per (1-cup) serving: Calories 118; Fat 0.3g (sat 0.1g, mono 0g, poly 0.1g); Protein 1g; Carb 30g; Fiber 1.4g; Chol 0mg; Iron 0.4mg; Sodium 36mg; Calc 15mg.
- Cantaloupe Cooler: Substitute 8 cups (1/2-inch) cantaloupe cubes for watermelon, and add 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger to mixture in blender. Proceed as directed.
- Per (1-cup) serving: Calories 117; Fat 0.3g (sat 0.1g, mono 0g, poly 0.1g); Protein 1.4g; Carb 29g; Fiber 0.1g; Chol 0mg; Iron 0.5mg; Sodium 32mg; Calc 19mg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note