Really nice refreshing flavor! It wasn't as creamy as I would like though.
Watermelon, Cantaloupe, or Honeydew Sorbet
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 87
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Protein: 1.6g
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 17mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 8 to 10 cups ripe melon chunks (1 in.) from cantaloupe, honeydew, or watermelon
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint or basil, and/or a few thyme leaves (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1. Whirl melon in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover, and chill until cold.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring herbs, if using, and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in honey. Pour into a bowl and chill until cool. Strain into melon purée.
- 3. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Serve immediately.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Watermelon, Cantaloupe, or Honeydew Sorbet Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts