I had blackberries. I had watermelon. I was intrigued. Blackberries with lemon, yes, but with watermelon? Really? I'm blown away. I think the term "syrup" is a little too heavy. This dish is surpringly light, refreshing and works so very well it will become a berry season staple in our house. This side belongs on any foodie's table!
Watermelon And Blackberries With Lemon Syrup
Good health doesn't get any simpler than this four-ingredient melon and berry salad dessert.
More From Oxmoor House
Chill: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 26.4g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 3mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups seeded watermelon balls
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 45 seconds or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Combine watermelon and blackberries in a large bowl; add lemon syrup, and toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note