Watermelon Basil Bliss
Yield: Serves: 12
Cost per Serving: $1.41
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- 2 packed cups torn fresh basil leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 5 limes)
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 12 ounces vodka
- Watermelon wedges for garnish, optional
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish, optional
- 1. Use a large wooden spoon to crush basil leaves and stems with sugar in a medium bowl. Pour in lime juice and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- 2. Working in batches, puree watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to press watermelon juice through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher. Discard watermelon pulp.
- 3. Pour reserved basil syrup through the same fine-mesh strainer into watermelon juice. Discard leaves and stems. Add vodka to juice mixture and stir to combine.
- 4. Fill 8 large glasses with ice, pour mixture over and serve immediately. Garnish with watermelon wedges and basil leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This