- 2 packed cups torn fresh basil leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 5 limes)
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 12 ounces vodka
- Watermelon wedges for garnish, optional
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish, optional
- calories 132
- fat 0.0 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- protein 1 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- sodium 2 mg
How to Make It
Use a large wooden spoon to crush basil leaves and stems with sugar in a medium bowl. Pour in lime juice and stir until sugar has dissolved.
Working in batches, puree watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to press watermelon juice through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher. Discard watermelon pulp.
Pour reserved basil syrup through the same fine-mesh strainer into watermelon juice. Discard leaves and stems. Add vodka to juice mixture and stir to combine.
Fill 8 large glasses with ice, pour mixture over and serve immediately. Garnish with watermelon wedges and basil leaves, if desired.