Watermelon and Roasted Beet Salad with Fennel and Feta
Adapted from Rancho La Puerta cookbook as seen in YogaJournal 6/2010 magazine
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) tangerine or orange juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot peeled and minced
- s&p to taste
- 6 sprig(s) cilantro de-stemmed and chopped
- 4 large basil leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme chopped
- 2 medium golden beets trimmed, not peeled
- 1 large chiogga beet trimmed, not peeled
- 2 cup(s) arugula leaves
- 3 cup(s) watermelon cubes
- 1/2 fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 2.5 ounce(s) sharp feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together all dressing ingrediants.
- Set beets in small roasting pan and roast until tender, approximately 1/2 - 1 hour depending on size of beets.
- Cool beets and peel. Cut into cubes; toss w/ 1/4 of dressing and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Set a few arugula leaves on each plate. Top with watermelon and beet chunks. Scatter fennel slices and crumble cheese on top. Drizzle additional dressing as desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note