Nothing special about this recipe. Might as well use strawberry yogurt as the sauce...
Watermelon-and-Kiwi Skewers with Starry Strawberry Cream
The watermelon and kiwifruit can be cut up one day in advance. Thread the fruit onto skewers a few hours before the party. The strawberry cream is best when prepared only a few hours prior to serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 40
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 18mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 24 (1/2-inch) watermelon balls
- 2 kiwifruit, each peeled and cut into 12 pieces
- Place first 5 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Cover and chill.
- Thread 1 watermelon piece and 1 kiwi-fruit piece onto each of 24 skewers. Serve with sauce.
- Note: To shape the kiwifruit as in the photo, cut a thin vertical slice off both ends of fruit, revealing the flesh. Peel by cutting vertical strips from one end to the other. Cut each kiwifruit lengthwise into quarters. Cut each quarter crosswise into thirds.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Watermelon-and-Kiwi Skewers with Starry Strawberry Cream Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch, Desserts, Salads
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American, New American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Saturated Fat, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Blender
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Easter, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light