Watercress soup recipe
Community Recipe from
- 1 bulb(s) onion chopped
- 17 ounce(s) butter
- 12 ounce(s) watercress roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg grated
- 2 piece(s) eggs hard-boiled and finely chopped
- For start, you should sweat the onion in the butter for 3 minutes, add the watercress and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for a further 3 minutes. Stir in the flour. Remove from the heat and gradually blend in the stock.
- Return to the heat, and bring to the boil, stirring. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Blend or process to a purée, and return to a clean pan. Stir in the cream and reheat gently. Sprinkle the chopped eggs on top and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GoodiesRecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note