Watercress soup recipe
Community Recipe from
- 1 bulb(s) onion chopped
- 17 ounce(s) butter
- 12 ounce(s) watercress roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg grated
- 2 piece(s) eggs hard-boiled and finely chopped
- For start, you should sweat the onion in the butter for 3 minutes, add the watercress and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for a further 3 minutes. Stir in the flour. Remove from the heat and gradually blend in the stock.
- Return to the heat, and bring to the boil, stirring. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Blend or process to a purée, and return to a clean pan. Stir in the cream and reheat gently. Sprinkle the chopped eggs on top and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GoodiesRecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes