Watercress Salad with Fennel and Citrus
The flavors of fennel and sweet oranges balance the peppery notes of the watercress and radishes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 58
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 8.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 52mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 4 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 small bulb)
- 3 navel oranges, sectioned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare salad, combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- To prepare dressing, combine juice and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over watercress mixture; toss gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads