My husband compared it to a caesar salad. It was a perfect side dish for fish and easy to toss together! Think a fried egg on top would be perfect also.
Watercress Salad with Eggs and Chive-Caper Vinaigrette
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Carbohydrate: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 212mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 309mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- 6 cups trimmed watercress
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Place watercress in a large bowl. Drizzle half of vinaigrette over watercress; toss gently to coat.
- 3. Divide watercress mixture evenly among 4 salad plates; top each serving with 4 egg quarters. Drizzle salads evenly with remaining vinaigrette; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads