Watercress Salad with Verjus Vinaigrette
Photo: Anson Smart
More From Food & Wine
- 1/4 cup verjus, see Note
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Belgian endives, sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup salted marcona almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk the verjus with the canola oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the sliced endives, watercress, halved grapes and almonds; toss to coat and serve.
Note: Verjus is the pressed, unfermented juice of unripe grapes. It is sweet and slightly acidic and is frequently used in place of vinegar. The bottles are available at specialty-food stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note