- 1/4 cup verjus, see Note
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Belgian endives, sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup salted marcona almonds
How to Make It
In a large bowl, whisk the verjus with the canola oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the sliced endives, watercress, halved grapes and almonds; toss to coat and serve.
Verjus is the pressed, unfermented juice of unripe grapes. It is sweet and slightly acidic and is frequently used in place of vinegar. The bottles are available at specialty-food stores.