Watercress-Orange Salad With Blue Cheese
If you can't find watercress, one (10-ounce) package of prewashed baby spinach will be just as delicious. For milder onion flavor, rinse onion slices, pat dry, and then add to salad.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup sliced)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 (4-ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- Remove and discard tough stems from watercress. Place watercress, oranges, and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together oil and next 6 ingredients. Drizzle over watercress mixture, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads