Watercress, Frisée, and Grapefruit Salad with Curry Vinaigrette
A platter of this colorful salad makes an elegant starter. Sugary dates provide a sweet contrast to the salad's bitter greens. Grapeseed oil is mild; substitute canola oil, if you prefer.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 79
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 13.5g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 162mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 4 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- 4 cups torn frisée (about 1 head)
- 1 cup red grapefruit sections (about 2 grapefruit)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 whole pitted dates, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- Arrange watercress and frisée on a large platter, and top evenly with grapefruit, onion, and dates.
- Combine vinegar, curry powder, and salt in a small bowl, and slowly add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle over salad. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note