Watercress Endive Salad with Blood Oranges and Pomegranates
Lisa Romerein; Valerie Aikman-Smith
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 176
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 3.9g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 92mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 8 large blood oranges
- 6 bunches watercress or arugula, large stems removed
- 3 heads Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 to 5 tbsp. Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. With a small, sharp knife, cut ends off oranges. Set 1 orange, cut side down, on a cutting board. Following its curve with the knife, slice off peel and white pith. Cut between inner membranes and fruit to release segments; drop segments into bowl. Repeat with remaining oranges.
- 2. Rinse and dry watercress. In a large bowl, toss watercress, Belgian endive, and oranges with just enough vinaigrette to coat. Divide among 12 salad plates and garnish each salad with pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving, with vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This