- 8 large blood oranges
- 6 bunches watercress or arugula, large stems removed
- 3 heads Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 to 5 tbsp. Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- calories 176
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- protein 3.9 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 18 g
- fiber 4 g
- sodium 92 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
With a small, sharp knife, cut ends off oranges. Set 1 orange, cut side down, on a cutting board. Following its curve with the knife, slice off peel and white pith. Cut between inner membranes and fruit to release segments; drop segments into bowl. Repeat with remaining oranges.
Rinse and dry watercress. In a large bowl, toss watercress, Belgian endive, and oranges with just enough vinaigrette to coat. Divide among 12 salad plates and garnish each salad with pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving, with vinaigrette.