- 4 large Golden Delicious or other all-purpose apples, peeled, chopped (4 large = about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Original Margarine-stick (1/4 cup = 1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
- Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Light Cream
How to Make It
Combine apples, granulated sugar, tapioca and lemon juice in large bowl. Let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in Fleischmann?s with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle 1/3 of the crumb mixture onto bottom of pastry shell; top with apple mixture. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining crumb mixture.
Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Cool slightly. Cut into 8 slices. Top each slice with a serving of Reddi-wip just before serving.