Wasabi Salmon Sandwiches
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) minced shallots
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 3 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) wasabi paste
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick) skinned
- GINGER-GARLIC MAYONNAISE:
- 2 tablespoon(s) low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon(s) wasabi paste
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- REMAINING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 tablespoon(s) dark sesame oil
- 4 cup(s) baby spinach leaves
- 8 (1-ounce) slices ciabatta bread toasted
- 1. To prepare the fish, combine first 7 ingredients (through wasabi paste). Place 3/4 cup shallot mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Set remaining shallot mixture aside. Add fish to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
- 2. To prepare ginger-garlic mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients.
- 3. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Remove fish from bag; discard marinade. Place fish on a broiler pan; broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- 5. Combine reserved shallot mixture and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add spinach; toss well.
- 6. Spread about 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic mayonnaise evenly over each of 4 bread slices; top each with 1 fillet and about 1 cup spinach mixture. Top with remaining bread slices
This recipe is a personal recipe added by wonderwab and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes