- 2 1/4 pounds large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons powdered wasabi
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- About 1 cup whipping cream, warmed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red and/or green shiso leaves* (optional)
- calories 143
- caloriesfromfat 47 %
- protein 2.5 g
- fat 7.5 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- sodium 135 mg
- cholesterol 27 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large pot with water to boil over high heat. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return to same pot.
Add remaining ingredients except shiso. Use a masher or a hand mixer to whip potatoes to a smooth consistency, adding more cream if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with shiso if using.
*Shiso is an aromatic herb with tender, heart-shaped, frilly-edged leaves; find it at East Asian markets.