Warm White Bean Salad with Smoked Trout
Photo: Raymond Hom
More From Food & Wine
Total: 40 Minutes
- 1/2 pound Great Northern or other small dried white beans, sorted and rinsed
- 2 ounces (thick slices) pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (large) carrot, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces skinless smoked trout or 1 jar imported Italian tuna in olive oil, flesh flaked (Smoked trout); drained and flaked (Italian tuna)
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- To quick-soak the beans, put them in the pressure cooker and cover with 3 inches of water. Cover and bring to high pressure. Turn off the heat and let the pressure release naturally, about 5 minutes. Uncover and let cool, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Return them to the pressure cooker. Add the pancetta, garlic, carrot, rosemary and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and close the pressure cooker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Cook over very low heat, maintaining high pressure for 7 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally, then uncover and drain the beans.
- Transfer the beans to a large, wide bowl or deep platter. Add the lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the trout on top, sprinkle with the parsley and serve right away or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine