This dip was delicious.I baked it in the oven and served it with tortilla chips. Don't over salt the dip if you are eating it with chips! It would also be good to substitute spinach for the turnip greens and add chopped artichoke hearts! I will definitely make it again!!!
Warm Turnip Green Dip
Beth Dreiling Hontzas
More From Southern Living
Broil: 5 Minutes
- 5 bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen chopped turnip greens, thawed
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1. Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in Dutch oven.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven. Stir in turnip greens, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Transfer to a lightly greased 1 1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Broil 6 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Sprinkle evenly with bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This