- 1/3 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1 onion (1/2 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 quarts baby spinach leaves (1/2 lb.), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, rinsed, stemmed, and halved
- calories 323
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- protein 34 g
- fat 7.6 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 7.8 g
- sodium 208 mg
- cholesterol 70 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat, stir or shake nuts until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Pour from pan.
Add onion and garlic to pan and stir over medium-high heat until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add ground turkey and stir often, breaking up with spoon, until browned and crumbled, about 5 minutes.
Add raisins, chili powder, and cinnamon; stir until spices are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add orange juice, sherry, and vinegar; bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mound spinach leaves in a wide salad bowl. Pour hot turkey mixture onto spinach. Sprinkle with pine nuts and top with tomatoes. Lift with 2 large spoons to mix.