- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 pound cooked turkey breast (see note above), chopped or torn into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 10 cup bite-size pieces rinsed and crisped romaine lettuce leaves (about 10 oz. total)
- 2 cups watercress sprigs (about 2 oz.), rinsed and crisped
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- calories 329
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- protein 43 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- sodium 350 mg
- cholesterol 110 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir bacon often until browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Spoon out and discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
Meanwhile, rinse and drain mushrooms. Trim off and discard stem ends and any bruised areas; thinly slice mushrooms. Add to pan and stir often until browned, about 5 minutes. Add turkey and cooked bacon and stir until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, watercress, and onion. Add turkey mixture and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide salad equally among four dinner plates. Sprinkle evenly with blue cheese if desired.