Mouthwatering summer salad that leaves you feeling energetic, fresh, and healthy. It's a balanced meal with a lot of flavor. It also tasted yummy with a few raspberries on top.
Warm Spinach Salad with Red Onions and Nectarines
Photo: Kana Okada; Styling: Susan Vajaranant
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 388
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Sodium: 567mg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 10 ounce baby spinach
- 2 nectarines, halved, pitted, each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced smoked ham, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread almonds on a baking sheet. Toast in oven, stirring once or twice, until light golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Place spinach and nectarines in a large bowl. In a small bowl, stir together vinegar and sugar until sugar dissolves. Season with pepper and a pinch of salt.
- 3. Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until well browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in vinegar mixture and remove from heat.
- 4. Scrape hot dressing over spinach mixture and toss to coat. Divide among 4 dinner plates. Sprinkle each salad with goat cheese, almonds and ham, if using. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note