Warm Spinach Salad with Grilled Sausage
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 506
- Calories from fat: 67%
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Sugars: 6g
- Fiber: 8g
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Sodium: 1789mg
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- 4 Italian sausages (about 1 pound)
- 8 plum tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1 onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 bunches spinach, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- Heat grill to medium-high. With a fork, prick the sausages in several places. Grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, brush the tomatoes and onion with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill until tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side for the onion and 2 to 3 minutes per side for the tomatoes. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl as they are done, add the spinach, and toss.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, the remaining 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slice the sausages and serve with the vegetables and dressing.
Tip: Tossing the spinach with warm vegetables wilts the leaves slightly and makes them more tender. Delicious on its own, this salad is also great mixed into pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads