- 4 (2-ounce) chicken sausages
- 12 plum tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1 onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 bunches spinach, thick stems removed (about 10 cups)
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- calories 203
- fat 10 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 15 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 31 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 657 mg
- calcium 110 mg
How to Make It
Prick sausages in several places with a fork. Grill, turning occasionally, 8 minutes or until hot throughout.
Combine tomatoes, onion, 1/2 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill 5–6 minutes per side for onion and 2–3 minutes per side for tomato or until charred and tender. Transfer to a large bowl; toss with spinach.
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slice sausages, and serve with vegetables and dressing.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.