- 4 Italian sausages (about 1 pound)
- 8 plum tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1 onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 bunches spinach, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- calories 506
- caloriesfromfat 67 %
- protein 25 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- sugars 6 g
- fiber 8 g
- fat 38 g
- satfat 10 g
- sodium 1789 mg
- cholesterol 60 mg
How to Make It
Heat grill to medium-high. With a fork, prick the sausages in several places. Grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, brush the tomatoes and onion with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill until tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side for the onion and 2 to 3 minutes per side for the tomatoes. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl as they are done, add the spinach, and toss.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, the remaining 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slice the sausages and serve with the vegetables and dressing.
Tip: Tossing the spinach with warm vegetables wilts the leaves slightly and makes them more tender. Delicious on its own, this salad is also great mixed into pasta.