Warm Spinach Salad with Chicken, Oranges & Walnuts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 12 ounce(s) chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt (opt)
- 10 ounce(s) baby spinach (6 cups)
- 1 cup(s) orange sections (3 med oranges)
- Toast nuts on baking sheet in a 350° F oven for 5-6 minutes until lightly brown and fragrant. Watch carefully to avoid burning. Set aside.
- Shred or chop chicken breasts (or use canned chicken). In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons juice and chicken; toss well and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 5 minutes. Add remaining juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine spinach, oranges, and nuts with chicken. Add hot dressing mixture and toss well. Divide on four serving plates. Serve with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- (In place of orange sections, use grapes, strawberries or canned mandarin oranges.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Warm Spinach Salad with Chicken, Oranges & Walnuts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads