Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon, Sweet Potatoes, and ChÈvre
Prep: 15 minutes, Cook: 24 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 bacon slices
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained (about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounces chèvre or other soft goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss sweet potato with olive oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar; add sea salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Place bacon along edges of sheet. Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on a paper towel; let cool, and break into bite-size pieces. Stir sweet potato to coat with bacon drippings, and bake 15 to 20 more minutes or until tender and golden brown around edges.
- 2. Place spinach in a large bowl; add warm potato, scraping drippings from pan into bowl. Add remaining vinegar and parsley, and gently toss to mix. Add bacon and chèvre, and divide evenly onto plates. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads