Very good. I used less spinach, and halved the other ingredients. Served the blue cheese & croutons in separate dishes so we could choose how much to put on.
Warm Spinach Salad
Notes: To create a Cobb salad, put spinach in individual bowls and group each topping separately on leaves.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sodium: 721mg
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- 1 package (10 oz.) washed spinach leaves
- 1/4 pound turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups purchased fat-free croutons
- 1. If desired, stack spinach leaves and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Mound spinach equally onto plates.
- 2. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir turkey bacon until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Spoon equal portions of the bacon over spinach.
- 3. To pan, add onion, corn, vinegar, and sugar. Stir mixture until onion is limp, 3 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer onion and corn onto spinach, then spoon cooking liquid over salads.
- 4. Arrange blue cheese equally on salads and add croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads