I made this for our monthly Supper Club and this dip was a hit! I scanned several other recipes before deciding on this one - it had everything I was looking for. Simple and tasty! I made it the morning of our dinner and followed the make ahead directions. This is a keeper!
Warm Spinach-Artichoke Dip
More From Southern Living
Broil: 5 Minutes
- 5 bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (10-oz.) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: dried crushed red pepper
- Assorted crackers, flatbread, and gourmet wafers
- 1. Preheat oven to broil. Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in Dutch oven.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven. Stir in spinach, next 5 ingredients, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Transfer to a lightly greased 1 1/2-qt. baking dish. (Make certain that you use a broiler-safe baking dish.) Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Broil 6 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Sprinkle with bacon. Garnish, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers, flatbread, and wafers.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill 8 hours. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with assorted crackers and chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers