- 5 bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (10-oz.) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: dried crushed red pepper
- Assorted crackers, flatbread, and gourmet wafers
How to Make It
Preheat oven to broil. Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in Dutch oven.
Sauté onion and garlic in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven. Stir in spinach, next 5 ingredients, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Transfer to a lightly greased 1 1/2-qt. baking dish. (Make certain that you use a broiler-safe baking dish.) Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Broil 6 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Sprinkle with bacon. Garnish, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers, flatbread, and wafers.
Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step Cover and chill 8 hours. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with assorted crackers and chips.