A huge hit at my New Year's Eve party! Easy and delicious.
Warm Spiced Cran-Pom Toddies
For a nonalcoholic version, simply omit the rum; to make it sweeter, replace the rum with apple juice.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 38 Minutes
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 19.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 30mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 (64-ounce) bottle cranberry-pomegranate juice drink
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 3/4 cups gold rum
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sugar cane sticks or cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 1. Combine cinnamon sticks, juice drink, and ginger slices in a large Dutch oven, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat 30 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks and ginger slices. Stir in rum and lime juice; serve warm. Garnish with sugar cane sticks or cinnamon sticks, if desired.
Make-ahead tip: Steep juice mixture up to a week ahead; cool to room temperature, and refrigerate. Warm over medium-low heat, and add rum and lime juice shortly before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note