This is really delicious, and it's a shame the name of the recipe is so unappetizing, because it's actually a tasty hot dinner dish. I made it exactly as written except that I added siracha at the table.
Warm Sesame Shrimp and Eggplant Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 233
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 26.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16.4g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 693mg
- Calcium: 207mg
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices (about 3/4 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 6 cups coarsely chopped bok choy
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine 2 teaspoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic, salt, and shrimp in a bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Flatten bell pepper pieces with hand. Place bell pepper and eggplant on a baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Broil 10 minutes or until tender, turning pieces occasionally. Cut bell pepper and eggplant into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic, vinegar, oyster sauce, chili garlic sauce, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle shrimp with sesame seeds. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are done. Place in a large bowl.
- Add bok choy and water to pan; cover and cook 3 minutes or until bok choy wilts. Add bell pepper, eggplant, bok choy, onions, and cilantro to shrimp. Drizzle with vinegar mixture; toss.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This