This recipe for Warm Salad of Summer Squash with Swordfish and Feta provides the perfect opportunity to use that bumper crop of summer squash. The squash blossoms used in this main-dish salad are treated like an herb, adding them right at the end.
Cooking Light AUGUST 2013
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta.
3. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil evenly over fish; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill fish 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Break into 3/4-inch pieces.
4. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, squash, and zucchini in a large bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place vegetables, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 3 minutes or until lightly charred and just tender. Cool slightly. Cut into 1-inch lengths.
5. Cut 4 squash blossoms into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Combine blossom strips, pasta, fish, squash, zucchini, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, herbs, and juice in a large bowl; toss to coat. Top with feta; garnish with remaining squash blossoms.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Go to full version of