Warm Purple-and-Red Potato Toss
Use purple and red potatoes about the size of an average tomato. To retain color, cook purples in their jackets. Our Test Kitchens prefers to cook potatoes for potato salad uncut and in their peels. Cut potatoes tend to break apart.
More From Southern Living
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds small purple potatoes
- 1 1/4 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 5 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: fresh arugula
- 1. Bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or just until tender; drain well. Cool 15 minutes, and slice into wedges.
- 2. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add potatoes, green onions, and 3 Tbsp. crumbled bacon; gently toss to coat. Season with salt to taste. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This