easy to make, excellent flavor. served at room temperature
Warm Potato Salad with Pancetta and Brown Butter Dressing
Photo: © Tina Rupp
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces thickly sliced pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 2-inch rosemary sprig
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook over high heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, shaking off any excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the pancetta and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until just beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pancetta is golden and the butter is just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the shallot and rosemary sprig and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and discard the rosemary sprig.
- Whisk the vinegar and mustard into the pancetta mixture; season with salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and the chives and toss until evenly coated. Serve the potato salad warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables