I have made this recipe about ten times because the flavors are all so great and the ingredients are items that I commonly have on hand. Every year on our family beach vacation my mom and sister request this dish from me! That said, I do agree with many of the other reviews that some tweaking is in need to make the dish go from good to great. Extra spinach, garlic and beans and slightly less pasta. I also cook the pasta a little more than I normally would and really let the sauce soak in before I serve.. Through a little trial and error this dish has become a family favorite!
Warm Pasta Salad with Shrimp
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Toss warm pasta with the tangy dressing so it will absorb more flavor. If you prefer to serve this salad chilled, make it up to a day ahead, toss, and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 2 cups)
Cost per Serving: $2.07
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 487
- Fat: 16.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 56.2g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 5.6mg
- Sodium: 664mg
- Calcium: 103mg
- 3 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. Combine juice, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; cook for 2 minutes or until done. Stir in spinach, cannellini beans, red onion, and 2 tablespoons capers; toss to combine. Add the pasta and juice mixture to shrimp mixture; toss.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This