- 1/4 pound pancetta or 4 bacon slices, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
Cook pancetta in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned; drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add shallot to pan, and sauté over medium-high heat until soft.
Add vinegar and wine, and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from skillet. Add syrup, and stir over medium heat 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; add lemon juice and chives. Toss with braised chard, and top with pancetta.