Looked so good but tasted so bad. Had no flavor at all. Followed recipe to a T, but it was unbelievably bland. Wouldn't spend the money on lobster again for this dish. However, if you're tempted to try it, don't cook everything in one pan. Everything blended together and tasted the same.
Warm Lobster Salad with Pan-roasted Corn, Peas, Basil, and Shallot Vinaigrette
- 3 (1- to 1 1/2-pound) live lobsters (about 10.5 ounces meat)
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 (5-ounce) bag gourmet mixed salad greens
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add lobsters, head first; cover and return water to a boil. Boil, partially covered, 10 minutes or until lobster shells are bright red. Using tongs, transfer lobsters to a large bowl of ice water; cool 2 minutes, and drain. Twist off the claws and tail, and remove meat. Reserve the meat of 4 claws, and cut remaining meat into 1/2-inch pieces. Cut tail meat into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and add to 1/2-inch claw meat pieces.
- Combine shallots and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Slowly whisk in 4 tablespoons of oil. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until beginning to soften. Stir in corn; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until beginning to brown. Add peas, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the cut claw and tail meat mixture and tomatoes; cook 2 minutes or until lobster is warm. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 tablespoons shallot mixture, basil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss salad greens with 2 tablespoons shallot mixture and divide among 4 dinner plates. Top with lobster mixture.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add reserved, uncut claw meat and remaining shallot mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 3 minutes or until claw meat is thoroughly heated. Top each salad with equal amounts of shallot mixture and reserved claw meat. Serve immediately.
- Wine note: This year, Norren Graziano helps celebrate The Trellis' 25th anniversary with chef Marcel Desaulniers and his partner, John Curtis. For this recipe, Noreen recommends 2002 Sancerre, Clos la Perriere ($16).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads