Warm Lentil Salad with Portabellas
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 553
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 8.5mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup minced shallots or onion
- 1 teaspoon olive or salad oil
- 1 cup beluga or Red Chief lentils
- 3 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves or dried thyme
- 4 portabella mushroom caps (5 in. wide)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon minced or pressed garlic
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cups (about 1/4 lb. total) lightly packed rinsed and crisped frisée or salad mix
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir shallots in oil until limp, about 3 minutes. Add lentils, broth, and thyme. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer just until lentils are tender to bite, about 25 minutes (6 to 8 minutes for red lentils). Drain lentils; save liquid for other uses.
- 2. Meanwhile, trim off discolored mushroom stem ends; rinse caps well. Oven-roast mushroom caps.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- 4. Thinly slice mushroom caps. Mound frisée equally on plates; top equally with lentils, then mushroom slices. Spoon about 1 tablespoon garlic-mayonnaise mixture onto each salad. Season salads to taste with remaining garlic mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads