I made this for a Christmas party- a hit!
Warm Kale-and-Asiago Dip
Bacon and trendy kale update the hot spinach dip.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 5 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 pound fresh kale, stemmed and finely chopped (about 1 bunch)
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8-oz.) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. (4 1/2 oz.) shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. (4 1/2 oz.) shredded fontina or Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Assorted crackers and crudités
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 to 7 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in Dutch oven. Sauté kale, onion, and garlic in hot drippings 7 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Add wine, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until particles loosen from bottom of Dutch oven.
- 2. Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in Asiago cheese, next 4 ingredients, and kale mixture. Spoon into a lightly greased 1- to 1 1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is hot and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes; top with bacon. Serve with crackers and crudités.
Make Ahead: Prep recipe through Step 2. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temp 30 minutes, and then bake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine