Warm Jalapeño-Cranberry Sauce
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 169
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 29g
- Protein: 1g
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 16 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, and preserves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and serve warm.
While the cranberries cook, seed and finely chop 1 jalapeño.
Remove the sauce from heat. Stir in the jalapeño and cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Make-Ahead Note: The sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments