I never review recipes but this one truly is outstanding. It was a huge hit at a recent football tailgate party.
Warm Gumbo Dip
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup chopped assorted bell peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, large raw shrimp, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced pickled okra
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add green onions and next 2 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until peppers are tender. Stir in shrimp and next 2 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat, and stir in okra and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into a 2-qt. baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. cheese.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers