I never review recipes but this one truly is outstanding. It was a huge hit at a recent football tailgate party.
Warm Gumbo Dip
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup chopped assorted bell peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, large raw shrimp, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced pickled okra
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add green onions and next 2 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until peppers are tender. Stir in shrimp and next 2 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat, and stir in okra and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into a 2-qt. baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. cheese.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note